I have been megahooked on re-watching “Friday Night Lights.” Who knew I’d love a show about football so much? It’s crazy! So this site has been sitting sadly waiting for me to finish watching season one again.
Before I start with the mind-numbing video goodness, I want to give literary props to Blogs Are For Dogs. Every Saturday Josh runs “Short Story Saturday,” where you can get your English major on. Woo!
01. Via the Music Slut, the video for Travis’s “My Eyes.” I love this song, but the video is just odd.
02. Each Note Secure rounded up some nice Elvis covers, including the Pet Shop Boys doing “Always On My Mind.” I absolutely love that video with its classic line: “I’m a bilingual … illiterate. I can’t read in two languages.”
03. Via New & Used Records, video of the New Pornographers doing “My Rights Vs. Yours” on Letterman. If you haven’t heard this song yet, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. Seriously, as a person who was not a fan of Destroyer or New Pornographers (much) before this, do yourself a favor.
04. Electroqueer reminds us all of how the Eurotrash scene is alive and well, with Sergey Lazarev’s “Eye of the Storm.”
05. From Fabulist, “Les Escargots,” a short French film about … giant snails. Moral of the story — don’t water your plants with your tears.
06. Wonderful Jax from Rock Insider turned me on to Jenn Grant — quintessential girl indie, and the video for “Dreamer” has this little smidge of interpretive dance around the 2 minute mark … just a tease of it … so beautiful.
07. Gorilla vs. Bear shared the odd video for El Perro del Mar’s song “Party.” Very Rear Window.
08. Perhaps you like Motown revival. Perhaps you like skinny girls with Barbra eyeshadow. MOKB has you covered with Candie Payne’s “One More Chance.”
09. The Music Slut gives me a nice Ry Ry fix with this clip of “The Sun Also Sets” for a Nissan Live gig. Way to make it look easy, Tiger. (hur hur)
10. New & Used Records proves that Nelly Furtado is the new Paula Abdul. I mean that respectfully, because Paula was my girl, back in the day. This video for “Do It” has a righteous beat.
11. Electroqueer bemoans the lack of lesbian moments in the Veronicas’ video “Hook Me Up.” Well, they are sisters, after all… there’s only so much you can hope for, even in this great perverted fantasyland we call the internet. Great song tho, seriously.
12. From Audiography, a link to the inmates of Cebu Provincial Detention & Rehabilitation Center in Cebu, Phillippines, ddoing “Thriller.” This has 6 million views, maybe you’ve seen it before. It’s disturbing but so nicely choreographed! Well played, inmates. Well played.
13. And last but not least, I Am Fuel gives up some crazy British groove: Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, “The Beat That My Heart Skipped” (scroll to the bottom) I could have done without the strippers, but I was loving the chorus.