Time to clean out the ol’ starred items list.
01. Via BoingBoing, someone laid down “Smooth Criminal” over Fred Astaire dancing. The result goes to prove what we already knew — that Astaire really was as smooth as a waxed glass floor.
02. At MoB, some video of Weinland doing “Curse of the Sea.” I’m rather fond of Weinland and their super laid back music.
03. Via Fabulist!, Florence and the Machine’s video for “Kiss With A Fist.” It reminded me of how my husband always says a woman can hit a man without there being much of an outcry.
04. At Fuel, Captain Sexyhair shakes his groove thing in Denver (live video for “Barrier Reef”). Nothing much to say about that because I’m too busy writing his name in my Trapper Keeper.
05. And speaking of Cpt. Sexyhair, the Music Slut notes that you can catch a nice performance on the Spinner. Just fancy me, telling you to visit AOL.
06. Culture Bully points us to the video for Goldfrapp’s new song “Caravan Girl.” Not much happens in said video but somehow I’m okay with that.
07. Brooklynvegan has video of Emmylou Harris on Letterman. I love & worship Ms. Harris but the fact that she looks shiny & plastic is very sad to me. *sigh* Grace is dead, long live botox.
08. Cute Overload has a very, um, cute video titled “An Eye for Annai.” A one-eyed creature goes out looking for his extra eye. This has nothing to do with anything but I liked it.
09. Fabulist! also had video for a Belgian band called Fixkes and this adorable video entitled “Lievelingsdier.” I have no idea what it’s about, obviously, but honestly, I do not care, I could watch it all day. [ed note: a nice reader named Ward explains what the song's about in his comment.]
10. And La Onda Tropical has video from Colombian band Choc Quib Town — I like that the music is political and promotes solidarity but is also awesome. American bands, please take note.