A crazy mishmash of video deliciousness.
01. Found randomly on Yahoo, KT Tunstall covers one of the only 80s songs I can stand, “Walk Like An Egyptian.” I like KT, she’s a solid rocker but not all about herself.
02. Idolator found Irene Cara’s video for “Fame.” Oh yes, that Fame. Check out that gold lamÃ©, and remember that those who do not learn from Youtube are doomed to repeat it.
03. Over Christmas, Electroqueer posted up a video from Mattafix, a duo from the UK. The song is (was) hot in Europe at the time of posting: it’s called “Living Darfur,” and it’s veddy nice African fusion.
04. Also a few weeks ago, The Rawking Refuses To Stop dug up the old video to “Only Wanna Be With You,” by the fabulous Hootie and his Blowfish. This song reminds me of NYC, because the one time I visited it, Hootie was on heavy play (yes, it was that long ago).
05. Posited by Fourfour: “Celine Dion is f*ing amazing.” Honestly, that woman’s a performer, and she got it done for years in Vegas, and everyone loved it. I got nothing agin’ her, as long as I never have to hear “My Heart Will Go On.” Ever. Again.
06. Also via Rawking, the adorably cute video for Lupe Fiasco/Kanye/Pharrell’s song “Us Placers.” Cute little mini-Thom-Yorke! *pats him on the head* although I do lose comprehension when they start singing about eyedrops and Glaxo-Smith-Kline.
07. Via Culture Bully, we get some Wyclef on Kimmel, doing “Sweetest Girl.” Dang, I love that song.
08. Whaa? New Mountain Goats video? “Sax Rohmer #1”? FTW!
09. At Electroqueer (scroll down), an odd T.A.T.U. video for their new song, “Beliy Plaschik” (White Robe). This is one band I can’t even pretend to understand.
10. Gvs.B, showcasing Alela Diane like they tend to do, notes that Le Blogotheque did a takeaway show with her. It’s very cute if you like little kiddos. I spot binky! Hee.