Before we get to the videos, other misc:
- Ten back-to-school songs for your adorable tykes, approved by the Lovely Mrs. Davis. My little guy goes to first grade in two weeks. Sniffle.
- Maria from Her Jazz took a photo of something that’s probably been there since the 70s — someone getting their Led on.
- Brian from Moistworks contemplates throwing the artistic and musical gates wide open. Though in theory I agree, artists have to eat just like engineers. If we could just figure out a way to have both.
And now to the videos!
- A new video by Wisely, “Through Any Window”, stars the beautiful Jenna Fischer. The song ain’t that bad either :D
- Stereogum shares the new Stars video, “Take Me To the Riot”. The A plot is kind of meh, but I love the scenes with the band in them.
- From Achtung Baby!, video of Eisley live, just to prove that those harmonies aren’t faked.
- Andrew Bird’s video for “Imitosis” at the Music Slut. Nerd rock leaves me so cold, but I love the little jeweled bugs.
- Also via the Music Slut, Madonna’s faux-French performance of “Vogue” at the 1990 VMAs. Could there be anything bad about men in gold hotpants? No, no there could not.
- And also also via the Music Slut, you may see how Youtube can be used to resurrect the Charleston. 23 skidoo!
- I am very fond of Jefito’s “Chartburn” posts, especially this one featuring Depeche Mode’s “Enjoy the Silence” and this one with “Down Under” by Men At Work. Ah, memories.
- Old news, but G. vs. B. has video for MIA’s “Jimmy.”