After reading Oliver Sacks’s “The Island of the Colorblind,” I feel the need to celebrate my ability to see colors by ruining my eyesight with music videos. W00t!
01. At Spinner, some nice Sons & Daughters.
02. Via Boingboing, the new Jamaican flavored Gnarls Barkley. Despite allegations of the video’s “African/urban” look being appropriated without asking (and it’s pretty obvious that it was), if I saw a magic door on the beach, I’d totally walk through it. Unless the gunslinger was there.
03. Via Fabulist!, “A Parisian Analogy.” I have no idea what they’re singing about (I mean, I have a general idea), but I lurve this video.
04. My boys the Black Keys rock up the stage on Conan. Uh … is Conan just freakishly tall, or is Auerbach really short? I’m mystified.
05. Via Idolator, some new Cure that isn’t … too … bad … uh … can’t take my eyes off that skull tattoo. Also, let me say this with all fandom behind me: Robert Smith, NO ONE WOULD CARE IF YOU GOT A HAIRCUT. We’d probably all thank you.
06. Everybody Cares collects some red-hot Redding tunes and includes some video. Mmmhmm, that’s what Youtube was made for. That man could rock.
07. Via the Music Slut, the new Coldplay video. Yes, I have a soft spot for Coldplay. Even though dude, Chris Martin’s teeth are just not pretty at all. AT ALL.
08. Also via Music Slut, the Cinematic Orchestra on Kimmel. So freaking gorgeous.
09. I love Mattafix. I adore their release from last year, “Rhythms & Hymns.” Electroqueer has video for “Things Have Changed.”
10. And one for Juliette, via Stereogum — The Mountain Goats, “Lovecraft In Brooklyn” (Aesop Rock Remix)