In handy table format!
You are currently browsing articles tagged the bees.
Before I start, check out Blender Mag’s list of the best music cameos on the Simpsons. Maybe you agree and maybe not — but heck, it’s a ton of awesome clips (Barry White on Whacking Day, anyone?). YouTube proves its usefulness once again.
And now! Music. I was cleaning out some of my old folders and found some good stuff. Download it all … every single one is worth at least 30 seconds of your listening time.
[ed note - tracks removed. contact me or drop a comment for a copy.]
Fujiya & Miyagi – Collarbone
Yo La Tengo – Tears Are In Your Eyes
Okkervil River – He Passes Number Thirty-Three
The Real Tuesday Weld – I Love the Rain
Veruca Salt – Forsythia
Peter and the Wolf – Silent Movies
Pop Levi – Dollar Bill Rock
The Bees (aka A Band of Bees) – Love In the Harbour
Cafe Tacuba – OjalÃ¡ Que Llueva Cafe (Juan Luis Guerra)
Gillian Welch – Elvis Presley Blues
Isn’t it weird that in spite of all the fun YouTube videos I watch, that I don’t like embedding them in my own blog? I think it’s so ugly to scroll down past a ton of mini-tvs … they all look the same when nothing’s playing. Nonetheless, I have found some wicked good videos, so open ‘em all in a new tab (you are using Firefox, right? RIGHT?).
Before I start, for those of you who hate videos, don’t scroll away yet! Nerd Litter interviewed Greg Goldberg of The Ballet (almost a month ago, but it’s still great!). This interview is so interesting and Goldberg just seems so smart and likeable. And oh, the Ballet has, you know, some awesome music too. (part 2 of the interview is slightly NSFW (text, no photos).)
And a little bit of the delicious eye candy! At I Am Fuel, Heather posted up the new Easy Tiger cover art. Oh Ryan, why do you have to be so hot? It makes it very difficult to stay mad at you.
OK, on to the brain melting video goodness.
01. The jammin’ video for “Bathtime in Clerkenwell,” by the Real Tuesday Weld. This is the kind of song that was made for Monday mornings. Or Friday afternoons. So get jamming with the cute cartoon birds! Jam, I tell you! Jam!
02. In case you haven’t seen them in a million other places, the new Feist videos – starting with 1,2,3,4. That pantsuit is so very very … unfortunate. Because Feist is awesome (that’s “My Moon, My Man”).
03. Jackie Greene, “I’m So Gone.” It’s like Ryan Adams lite, but I do love the first lines.
04. Snow Patrol, “Signal Fire,” for Spiderman 3. Love the cute li’l evil spiderman.
05. Air, “Once Upon A Time” from “Pocket Symphony.” Speaking of slick and sophisticated, check out those red drums.
06. The Go! Team, “Junior Kickstart,” a nice little instrumental. This sort of video is why I could waste all day on YouTube. Run, Ms. Pacman, run!
07. Dawn Landes & the WST Band, “Young Folks” (Peter, Bjorn & John). I like the whistling original better, but bluegrass, played by real people and not the wretched beauties of VH-1, is also completely awesome.
08. And speaking of wretched beauties … Beyonce ft. Shakira, “Beautiful Liar.” Don’t know where this came from or how old it is, but in my opinion it’s a comedown for Shakira to be in a Beyonce vid. Shakira is like Beyonce to the 10,000,000th power. But of course they both look fabulous, and I approve of the sentiment :D
09. The Bees, “Who Cares What the Question Is” — the Magical Mystery Tour meets, I don’t know, the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I bet the Beatles wish they’d thought of this song. It’s awesome! Listen to it right now right now!
10. The Zimmers, “My Generation.” I don’t know where Some Velvet Blog found this, but I love it. It speaks directly to my disgust for how our culture casts off its elderly and acts like life ends as soon as you get a wrinkle. We are self-absorbed, we get more and more silicon injected into our bodies in hopes that we’ll live forever, and we scorn the people that gave us birth. We should be ashamed of ourselves.