This blog has been on unofficial hiatus due to my not wanting to write in it. Current events have brought me down, people, but I will perservere somehow. As will all of you, I assume, as long as none of you look at your 401Ks.
01. In non-video-related news, the Wall Street Journal has a very interesting article entitled “In Defense of Piracy.” Take cover, Lars Ulrich!! Interrobang!
02. Electroqueer has the new Lady Gaga video, “Beautiful Dirty Rich.” I seriously adore Lady Gaga (and so does Raj :D). She makes square shoulderpads and cowled unitards look goooood.
03. Although the song is awful, Rock Insider pointed out that the entertainment value of Katy Perry’s video for “Hot N Cold” is through the roof. Gosh, Katy, if you want someone that doesn’t change their mind all the time, how about marrying a man instead of a fifteen-year-old? I’m just saying, I think that groom is way below the age of consent (except in Utah! Back me up here, Jax :D).
04. At the Music Slut, a va-va-voomalicious Bishi rocks out to “Never Seen Your Face.”
05. Nelson, who’s guest blogging for Electroqueer, points the way to excellent Australian duo Lovers Electric. Check out Nelson’s great writeup and the video for “Honey.”
06. At Muzzle of Bees, a shaky shaky video of AA Bondy doing “You Got To Die” at ACL (just put it on and listen. Don’t watch the video, I think it might give you seizures.).
07. From the website “Got Medieval,” a link to a hilarious Robot Chicken sketch about King Arthur and Sir Mix-A-Lot: Table Is Round. “360 on the parameter — you know ‘hos like diameter.” This is actually something I didn’t know. And, though the rhyme would suffer, I think he means perimeter, because parameter is something else entirely. But hey, it’s all good.
08. You’ve all seen the Cadence Weapon video for “Real Estate,” yes? Man, I love me some dancing suit-weasels.
09. Via Stereogum, this Beck video for “Modern Guilt” will make you go, “awwwww,” or your money back.
10. Via Fabulist!, the Royal Ballet helps make the 1983 video for “Siamese Twins” by the Cure completely awesome.